Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Easter Outfit

I had a goal to get this finished before the baby comes, and I did! I'd been coveting the Oliver + S pattern for this jacket and skirt and was so excited when I got it for Christmas. To make it even sweeter, my mother-in-law, Leslie, (who gave me the pattern) and I scored this suiting fabric in the discount bin at Denver Fabrics, $11 for 3 yards of 60 inch wide! Now, thanks to a generous offer from Leslie, the baby will have a matching dress with the leftover fabric.

These pictures weren't the easiest to take. 1. Kate doesn't like to get dressed, so to have to do it an extra time was a little bit painful. 2. She doesn't want to pose/smile/hold still for anything!

The pattern was a lot of fun to sew and the directions were really straightforward. I used a double-needle for the first time--I didn't even know there was such a thing--for the top stitching with peach thread to match the peach buttons. I'm happy that this is done and it fits! Now I'm thinking about making a yo-yo into a hair bow with some of the fabric scraps. We'll see if I can fit my belly in front of the sewing machine.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Jill- that is positively adorable. I mean, really, really, adorable.

Trisha said...

It's just too cute!! I can't believe you are still sewing. I guess the good thing about having boys is I just bought a coupld of matching Easter ties....and that's it!! Stop sewing, you are making me feel guilty and very lazy!

Becca said...

Jill, this turned out so darling! Really, I marvel at your abilities when it comes to clothes. So awesome!

Maria said...

I agree with Trish you put us all to shame.

Eva said...

I also wanted to say how great you looked on Sunday. Love that pregnant glow! I wish you the best as you get ready for your second baby. And Kate looks ready for an interview. So cute!

leslie said...

Jill--
it turned out perfect! Isn't it rewarding when your vision comes to life? And couldn't have a more darling model.
love
MOM

Unknown said...

Jill that dress turned out so cute! I need to start a new project soon so I'm looking at your blog for inspiration :)