Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Easter tees


given just a little bit early. These were meant for the girls Easter baskets, but I sometimes get a little too excited about gifts and give them early. Especially when a lazy sunny afternoon prompts a matching photo shoot. I used my favorite tutorial for appliqueing and finally tried making a fabric yo-yo. They are easy and addicting. I'm already thinking of different ways to use them. The peach bunny fabric is scraps from the lining of Gwen's Easter dress that my mother-in-law sent and the bunny's tail was made from the dress fabric. We've got a bit of a robin's egg blue and peach theme going on this Easter. Now if Spring would just stay, we could wear our bunny shirts outside to play!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

those are too adorable!!!

Becca said...

very cute, Jill!

Hope it is warm for you all and you can get some fresh air!

it snowed 3" in the valley here in Utah! What?! Shane may be skiing tomorrow...

Matt and Rachel Bowden said...

Cute! I was with my mom when we bought that fabric. I love the shirts!

Jill said...

Very cute Jill!

Eva Mari said...

Awww.. How adorable!
Cute doesn't do it justice!
What a clever mum you are!
Hugs from me :)

leslie said...

Wow Jill you are amazing how do you have a toddler and a new baby and still craft? Incredible.

Kelli Ward said...

thank you so much for your comment on presserfoot. i really hope you will sew along with us. we should be starting something again within the next week or two.
you make adorable stuff for your girls (and i love the built by wendy top for you - i may need to try that one.)

MA said...

That is adorable...so clever to use fabric yo-yo's as tails. I must try making applique tee's, I think they look fantastic!! Hope you had a lovely Easter.