Thursday, March 13, 2008

Aprons


This was the first time I have ever sewn an apron and it was fun! Now I can see why there are clubs whose entire purpose is to sew aprons. There are endless possibilities. I used a tutorial I found here and it was so easy. No pattern needed, just some rough estimates and embellish as you like. I suppose if you were making a full apron you might want a pattern, but you could probably wing it as well. This apron is lined and could be reversible. I made them as birthday gifts. Very, very simple.

4 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Jill, That is so cute! I just checked out Amy Butler's book from the library the other day and bought fabric to make her apron which is very similar. I love your blog and all the fun ideas you are posting!

Jamie C. said...

That does not look like Joanns fabric! I love that it's reversible. So cute!
Ok, buttonholes...does your sewing machine have the buttonholes foot and dial feature? It's so so easy if it does! You just have to practice once and you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. It's seriusly foolproof. If your machine doesn't do it for you like mine does, I have no idea! I'd be SOL for sure!

Jill said...

Thanks Jill! Love it and it is so cute!!

jamie said...

Jill I love this other blog of yours! I was snooping at work today and found it and you really are so good and creative with all of this! What kind of sewing machine did you end up getting? I might have to put that back on my wish list, I really wanted one after taking sewing at byu and then I got distracted with work...but hopefully soon I will "retire" with baby!